Friday, March 30, 2007

What a week....

Well, as the week progressed I slowly gained my energy back. At swim practice yesterday I was talking to some fellow teammates and they all had complaints of being run down and tired. Instead of the coach working us hard during swim, he just had us do laps at a nice slow pace. He also pointed out a few tweaks on my stroke which I need to work on as well.

Today I took off work today since I am getting married tomorrow (yeah!) and slept in until 9:30. I can't remember the last time I slept in that late. After waking up next to my bride to be and relaxing for about an hour, I went for a run. At first I was only going to go 10 miles but I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms along the tidal basin so I extended the run. What a gorgeous day, sunny and in the high 50's. It was so pretty at the tidal basin with all the cherry blossoms blooming. I love going down here each year and Gayle and I are going to run here again on Monday as part of our annual Cherry Blossom run. Today was a nice peaceful run as I thought about Carol and what I was going to say for my little speeches. I think I ended up going just over 12 miles at a nice 8:45-9:00 pace (my new zone 2).

Now, off to my rehearsal and onto the wedding!!

No comments: