Friday, March 18, 2011

Race week

Last week I ran 14 miles and so far this week I have run 2x for a total of 6.

This has been quite the week with respect to restfulness that I have ever experienced the days leading up to a race. In the earlier part of the week I discovered new aches and pains. Monday was IT day with IT pain in my right hip and Tuesday was left foot pain and right quad pain day. As Wednesday rolled around, there were no more aches - maybe because I ran Tuesday night to loosen things up.

Regarding sleep, or should I say lack of, has been interesting. Mon/Tues/Wed nights were all filled of flips and flops and body jumping. I woke myself up when my entire body seemed to jumped up and fall down. I told Carol about it the next day and she said that's what I had been doing for three nights (hmmm - good think I only remembered that one time). Needless to say, I got very little sleep until last night. Ahhhhhhh, so nice to have a good night sleep until my 4:30am calling to the bathroom.

So, I'm just over 24 hours out, sitting at my desk ready to bang out a few hours of work. The journey has been fun, difficult at times, but well worth it. Suppose to be 70's today, but 50's tomorrow - thank goodness!! Thanks everyone for all your support!!

No comments: