Sunday, June 5, 2011

little dusting needed now...

Let me dust the cobwebs off this blog now and start updating it. Since my 50k, I've been in hiatus trying to figure out what I want to do for my next event. Thinking, planning, trying to figure out but felt like I was going in circles. I felt like a lost boy trying to find my way. For endurance athletes, this is what happens, if no events are planned, than there is no direction. Week after week, I was struggling to get my runs in especially on the weekends.

Every Saturday rolled around and I struggled, because I didn't want to run when Thomas was awake, typically 6:30 am - 11:30am (goes down for his nap), and running during his nap time got tougher and tougher because of the heat. But I need the runs and need to start early so I joined Arlington Road Runners which starts at 6am - perfect! I can get my run in and be home by 9ish, spend a couple of hours with the little guy and than after his nap - have fun with him the rest of the day. And on Sundays I run with Thomas for 4 miles, than let him run for 30 minutes.

Next, I had to find some events to train for. After going back and forth for so long, I've come up with the following fall line up! I cannot wait!!

Sept 25th - National Capital 20-miler
Oct 2nd - Wilson Bridge Half Marathon
Oct 15th - Medoc Trail Marathon in Hollister NC
Oct 22nd - Tough Mudder in WV
Nov 13th - Potomac Heritage Trail Run (50k) - need to make sure I get in when registration opens.

The Medoc Marathon in October is going to be great. All trails! Turns out the race filled up on May 20th and I emailed the race director to put me on the waiting list and he opened up a slot for me right away. That was nice!

So - the events are planned, now it's time to get out there and have some fun!

No comments: