Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend of 4/28

Saturday we met down at Pierce Mill in Rock Creek, I actually ran down to meet the group since it was so close to home. Today I ran 11 miles and it took me about 1:45. I did not keep track of my pace but it was tough for me to get motivated for the run as I just feel worn out. It took about 6 miles into the run before I started to feel alive again.

Sunday's bike ride was AWESOME! We practiced the Columbia tri course at Centennial Lake and went 55 miles. The ride was ALL hills which is great practice for IM. In fact, rumor has it is that the total elevation climb at the ride we did was about 4000 ft over 55 miles as opposed to 2500 ft over 112 miles at IM CDA. Gotta love that. In any event, after my crap ride last Saturday at Lake Anna in which I pushed way to hard (riding in Z3/4/5), I backed off this week, stayed in zone 2 and finished around 3:55 (14mph avg) and felt FRESH after the bike. Last Saturday at Anna, it was the same distance and way less hills. I finished that ride in 3:40 (14.9 avg), felt like crap after the ride and could barely run/walk the 13.1 miles.

LESSON LEARNED: If I backed off on the ride last week, it would have taken me 15 minutes longer on the bike, but I would have saved 45 minutes on the run (net 30 minutes off my finish time). If I project that for the IM distance, that would be a finish of 1 hour less if I take it easy on the bike). Hmmmmmmmm - this should be an easy decision.

Okay - totals for the week (to come)
Swim: 3.7M
Bike: 87 M
Run: 23 M
118 miles, 12.3 hours.

No comments: