Friday, January 21, 2011

Cranking along...

For the past 3 nights, not including tonight, I was able to log in 14 miles on the treadmill. I'm a wus when it comes to running outside at night in the cold - just so much easier to do it indoors although it is a challenge to keep your mind occupied or better yet, release your thoughts.

The big thing this week was reading about how someone got lost on the trail during a practice run with the VHRTC and all the emails about what you should bring etc. As a result, I went to REI yesterday and was looking at maps, compasses, GPS Spot tracking devices and knives. I am also going to goto a map and compass orientation class at REI next week. I need to be prepared after what I read in those emails!!

Also - I went to the doctors yesterday for my routine physical and all is going well. I need to do bloodwork next week as routine, but my doctor said I am a specimen of excellent health and to keep it up. Nice to hear that at age 42. Goal is to hear that same thing at 82!

For the weekend, I need to get through my slightly sore throat so I can crank out a total of 24 miles tomorrow and Sunday!

No comments: