Saturday, January 1, 2011

So, what have I been doing since Florida IM?

I spent the most of the 2010 focusing on shorter distant tris including FinsWheelFeet sprint in May, DC Tri Sprint in June, Luray Sprint in August and Nations Tri Oly in September. Also in September I ran the Wilson Bridge Half Marathon and something just clicked with my running. It was the first run in ages where I just felt right, everything just flowed and it was the best feeling. Since then I threw the bike in storage and put away the swim suit and have been running since.

In October, I signed up for the Hat Run (50K) and been focusing on running. I did the Richmond Half Marathon in November which was great. It was a far cry from 2 years earlier when I did the Richmond Marathon and I was just fed up with running because of the crappy race I had. Also, doing Richmond Half brought back great memories being with my Dad last year when he completed his first marathon at 68. Truly inspiring! I conquered Tough Mudder in NJ the following week jumping in the frigid water, running through mud pits, climbing walls, ropes and running through fire. A very exciting and exhausting 13 miles!

My mileage has been ramping up within the last month or so having logged 22, 19, 29, 32 and 24 weekly miles. The 24 mile week was suppose to be 34 but I was feeling some pain in the shins so I adjusted the schedule to make that a recovery week. I often worry if I'm getting enough miles in but it's that balance of family, work and running. Sometimes I just can't get the miles in I want but am appreciative of the fact that I just keep going.

No comments: