Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pure exhaustion!

Today was one of the roughest runs I have had in a long time. I got no sleep last night because Thomas was up all night and all I did was toss and turn. I just needed 9.8 miles today because I got a little extra yesterday. It was cold and pretty windy and somehow I drummed up the strength to get out around 12:30pm. Run - heck, if you call it that. I made it down to Rock Creek and started to hit some trails and I immediately was slowed down to a walk. Nothing hurt, I was just tapped out. So for the majority of the run, all effort was concentrated to just keep moving forwardd, a combo of running and walking. I had negative thoughts and was so determined to just cut the run short and not hit my goal for the week but I kept pressing forward.

In the end, I was able to get the 9.8 in and it took me just under 2 hours. It was a long 2 hours and all I could think about is this what I might feel like the last 9+ miles of the 50k and I just need to keep going. When I got home, I took a nice long shower and ate some oodles and noodles. I know I should have taken a cold bath but that hot shower with the jet sprays couldn't be passed up! Now I seem to have a shortness of breath from the cold air and I hope this passes shortly.

The satisfaction of the week is I hit 38 miles! and now get to enjoy a week of recovery. I just hope I can replenish my energy stores to get some miles in this week.

Totals for the week:
Miles: 38
Time: 6:27

No comments: