Saturday, February 12, 2011

Had a moment on the run....

SOLID! That's how I can describe today's run. 18 SOLID miles. I started at Roosevelt Island and did 8 miles, 4 there and back, on the Custis Trail and then met Brian and did another 10 on Custis Trail - all hills and felt good the entire time. But, I had a moment on the run. Around mile 16, running on this small bridge, I backed off on the pace and let Brian get a little bit ahead of me. During this time, I felt myself drift away a little, became totally relaxed, then looked within myself and then came back. It was an interesting moment and it didn't mean much to me until after the run, and even now, when I look back, that moment propelled through the last 2 miles and I felt could have gone further. It was a mental lift that I'm learning to tap into.

Total run time was 2:52 for 18 miles (9:30 pace). Quite pleased.

No comments: