Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today just felt right

I met Mark at Pierce Mill today to bang out the last 10 miles for the week. It was a failed attempted in some regards as we hit the trails which at first appeared to be clear of ice and snow and after a couple of miles they just became a sheet of ice so we divered back to the dreaded pavement. To make things even more interesting right before we started my Garmin locked up and then just over a mile in, Mark's Garmin went blank - so for the rest of the run, we had to guess on how far we were going. I definitely want to hit that 10 mile mark to put the icing on the cake for a very solid week.

During the run, I felt pretty good, considering I did 18 yesterday. There were times I felt tired, but my legs felt pretty good overall. It was a nice feeling especially after the 16 mile run I did 3 weeks ago in which I suffered miserably on the day after run due to being sick. Today was a different story and toward the end I felt Mark needed a little pick me up so I picked up the pace the last .5 just for kicks. Such a nice run that just felt right.

So - did I get the 10 in?? I just plotted the route on Gmap-Pedometer and wouldn't you know - 10.1! Fantastic!!

Totals for the week:
42.1 miles
6:52 hours

2-more weeks to go before taper...

No comments: