Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hard to let go...

Thursday night I banged out another 6 with Mark on a night run through Glover Park trails to the C&O canal. What a night, temperature was around 65 degrees. Friday was brutal as I had to go to NY for the day - there and back a tiring 10 hours of driving.

Saturday's long run turned out pretty well although the wind was really blowing. I was suppose to run 8 on my own then hook up with Brian to do 12 more but after a night of no sleep because Thomas was up all night, I couldn't get started at 8am as planned so I met Brian at 9:30 and we ran 12 miles through lots of hills in DC and then I did 8 on my own on the Custis Trail. Overall I felt well, but was getting tired towards the end, gee go figure - 1o hours driving on Friday, no sleep Friday night, then run 20 miles...hmmmm.

Sunday, after a 2nd night of no sleep - turns out Thomas is sick, I couldn't get in my run at 8am, Carol was gone most of the day and as I type this I have officially bagged my 10 miles I was suppose to do today. Not sure how I feel about this but it is hard to let go sometimes to just relax when you have a goal to hit a certain amount of miles and you don't. It definitely plays with you mentally. Well, time to move on and look forward to one last long week of miles!!

Totals for the week:
36 miles
6:15 hours

No comments: