Thursday, February 10, 2011

Social time or workouts???

I should know better by now. This week I went to the hockey game Tuesday night and a work event on Wednesday night. Although I enjoyed both, it forced me to cram my workouts in. On Monday, which should have been a rest day after running all weekend, I was on the treadmill to crank out some miles. There was no time to run on Tuesday and Wednesday nights with my social activities so I had to double it up on Thursday and ran 4+ miles before work and 5+ miles after work. However, I didn't get to spend anytime with Thomas or for that matter spend much time with Carol for a couple of days. It's interesting now with Thomas in the picture, how I value his time more and more and when I do other activities that takes me away from our time together, it really weighs in on me. Typically during the week, I'll come home from work, spend time with him until he goes to bed and then jump on the treadmill for my workout.

As the training becomes more time consuming, the balance becomes more difficult and the need to spend time with family it very important. During these times, there just isn't much time for social activities.

No comments: