Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nice week back in the saddle...

Considering over my half my miles were on the treadmill this week, this was still a very strong week for me. Especially after my outstanding performance of ZERO miles the prior week! So between Tuesday and Thursday, I got in 9.5 miles. Yesterday, it was cold and raining outside so I bagged running outside to avoid a repeat of getting sick and ran 7.5 on the treadmill. In order to get some hills in, every 8 minutes I cranked the incline up to 12% and fast walked uphill for 2-3 minutes. At one point I whacked my head on the basement ceiling - that didn't feel to good but good thing I was holding on when it happened otherwise I would have been laid out flat on the floor. : )

Today was great, sunny, 42 degrees, and got to run in shorts. Somehow I convinced Mark to do 13 miles today on a very hilly course. Man, he hung in there and I'm sure he will feel it tomorrow, but thankful for the company. Overall, I felt strong and steady the entire time and was pleased with this week's solid effort.

Totals for the week:
Miles: 30
Time: 5:07

No comments: