Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gearing up....

I traveled down to Florida last November and registered for Florida IM 2009. At the time, I knew Carol was pregnant and was on the fence as to whether I should sign up. I knew with a newborn coming in May, training was going to be difficult. Somehow I managed to train for Columbia, then 2 days later Thomas was born and 3 weeks later I'm in the water at Cambridge at the start for Eagleman Half Ironman. Both races went well for me and somehow, I was able to fit in the training. For the past few weeks I have been experimenting with my training, figuring out ways to work out and still be home to see my wife and son. I have come up with schemes to bike to and from work, go for a run or swim in between Thomas taking naps and still trying to figure when I can get my long runs and rides in let alone be able to sleep. My wife is on board, but remains skeptical that I will be able to keep up with everything. Most important to me is spending time with her and Thomas as I train the next 4 months!



This past week, I rejoined Team Z, and signed up for Luray Oly and Bassman 1/2. Now that I have gotten my schedule squared away, its time to get in some serious training. This past week was a recovery week for the Team. I used this week to continue my base work. Below are my totals.



Swim: 1.6 m

Bike: 69 m

Run: 13 m

Total: 83.4 m, 7:39

No comments: