Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parents! They just don't understand...

SO this past Sunday we went to my mom's house for my dad's birthday and we had a nice time UNTIL I made my announcement that I am training for Florida IM. You talk about a party killer, you think that I told them that I was moving out of the country and never returning. Their reaction still really bothers me as they were grunting and moaning asking why I want to do this and I'm never going to see my son because of the training - blah blah blah. They didn't want to listen how I plan to train to maximize my time at home. Man I was and am still pissed. You know, it's one thing not to have their support but to act like that is beyond me. How about a response like, hey, that's great, we know you will do well. I tell you, it is reactions like that, the naysayers that motivate me more to do it. It's always at the hardest part of a workout or towards the end where you need to push yourself just a little more that the naysayers come into mind and forces you to push harder and go a little further.

No comments: