Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nice ride today

What beautiful weather today for a bike ride. Low 70's, cool air, sunny, it does not get any better then this. Today we did the Southern Maryland ride and rode 85 miles in about 5:30 hours. I felt pretty good for most of the ride and brother Mike and his girlfriend Marcy came out to do 30, so it was nice to see them. Only drama today was a bee sting to the neck! What are the odds? I saw this bee coming right at me and I tried to duck out of the way and the sucker landed right on my neck and went to town like a little vampire. The sucker got me good too!

In addition to the whole 3 workouts I did this weekend - I did get in 3 days of stomach exercises. AND spent 2 great days with Carol and the baby in St. Michaels, MD for her birthday. I tell you, it is definitely a balance to keep things on an even keel between training and family!

Totals for the week:
Swim: 1.1M
Bike: 95M
Run: BIG FAT ZERO!
Total: 106 miles, 7:45 hours

Goal for next week: run run run!!!! Need to get those runs in!

No comments: