Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stomach - what's that??

Man - do I hate doing stomach exercises but it's time to solid up this muscle in preparation for IM. So I dedicated my recovery week to start doing stomach exercises. One of my exercises is the plank which I used to be pretty good at and now just a minute was tough tonight. I was with Thomas and I laid him on the ground next to me. As I began, both Thomas and I were smiling at each other. As the minute progressed, my facial expression started to strain more and more and as I continued to watch Thomas, I must have scared him because he was down right crying when I finished my minute of plank. Carol said I scared him, I like to believe that he was helping me to not strain so he could continue to smile. We'll have to keep practicing.

No comments: