Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rehoboth Beach - FLAT - ride

Well, Hurricane Danny turned out to be a no show. So under cloudy skies, some heat and of course, humidity, it turned out to be a nice day. It was a brutal drive down to the hotel Friday night as traffic was horrible trying to get over the bridge, but after that it wasn't too bad. Got to the hotel around 11:00pm and I was asleep at 11:30 and got a SOLID 6-7 hours sleep. Needless to say I was WELL rested for this ride. Up at 7 and on the bike around 8:30am.

Overall, it was a solid ride to complete a solid 2 weeks of training. After feeling pretty exhausted throughout this past week, I felt it did not affect me on this ride. The ride was 3 loops, 49M, 33M and 22M for a total of 104 miles! Yeeahhhh. Finally broke the century mark and the first time at this distance since IM CDA. We averaged 17.6, 16.9 and 17.6, respectively, for an overall average of 17.4 or total time of just under 6 hours. Heck - I'll take it. In fact, if I can average just over 16 for Ironman Florida I will be quite pleased!

After the ride we rested for a little bit then headed to Dewey for dinner and fun! Who knows what time I went to sleep last night after a "few" beers, but I was up at 7am and on the road 15 minutes later to get home to Carol and Thomas. I missed the little guy - and of course the wife too.

Here are the totals for the week:
Swim: 3 miles
Bike: 129 miles
Run: 6.6 miles
Total: 139 miles, 10:32 hours.

Didn't get the runs in this week that I wanted to. Need to keep working on that. This week coming up is recovery week - thank goodness! Time to catch up on life.

No comments: