Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not feeling the love in these workouts!

Yesterday morning's swim I just wasn't feeling the love. Nothing like slugging through the water at 5:30 in the morning. The workout ended up being a pretty good one as I was swimming with some faster swimmers and able to keep up. In total, we did 2600yds (~1.5miles) in the hour. In a few weeks the 5am swims will begin - can't wait for those.

I rode home from work last night and my legs felt like lead, must be the left over feeling from the weekend workout. I had a pretty good pace but felt slow, even though I was keeping pace with previous workouts. I stayed in the big ring the entire time which was good on the hills. Worked out roughly 50 minutes.

This morning I rode to work and took a nice easy pace. Rode for about 40 minutes (shorter route) and did stomach exercises in the gym in the building. Skipping run tonight so I have some energy to get up tomorrow and do the swim - but will definitely need to run tomorrow night.

These mid week workouts get harder and harder as you try and recover from the weekend and try not to overdue it so you will be ready for the following weekend. It's a balancing act - but a lot of fun!

No comments: