Thursday, August 20, 2009

Metabolism is in Overdrive!!

We will get to my metabolism in a second. First, a quick update - got in the 40 minute ride workout Tuesday night, got my first speed workout on the run since February last nigth and smacked the swim this morning!! I am starting to focus more on increasing my weekly milage since I believe I have figured out my little injury or some would say pain in the ass - literally! We'll see how it goes as this injury has been hampering me for over a year now and trying to figure out what causes the pain and how to get relief. So far I have determined that getting a massage of the high hamstring, lower back area is key to relief! I was not able to get a massage last week but will do so shortly.

Now, onto more interesting stuff - my metabolism. When I'm training, my body goes through 3 periods. At the start of training season, I'm burning some calories and my weight stays about the same or slighly increases, somewhere in the middle, I start burning more calories and I start trimming down - NOW, it has just started, where I can not eat enough food and need some serious calories. The is the best part because you just keep eating eating and eating, and I still can't get enough food. Problem is the more fit I get, I stay away from all the good greasy foods because it affects my workouts. So I'm eating more and more healthy foods instead of the nice greasy food like Five Guys - I really like Five Guys which I have about once a year. Chipolte is good for you - right? And chocolate - I just can't get enough of it!

No comments: