Saturday, August 8, 2009

Slighlty bruised...

To catch up - Had a good ride home Thursday night but skipped the run. Therefore, I got no weekday runs in for the week, but at least I was able to spend time with Carol. I rode my bike to work Friday morning and was taking it easy until I passed this guy and he started drafting off of me so I picked it up - why is that?

This morning I did a trail run with Kerri and ran just under 9 miles. This trail is beautiful and takes you right along the Potomac that has waterfalls, rock climbs and even a switchback that make your legs burn! During the first few miles of the run I just happened to trip on a rock and fell and landed on my left hand/shoulder. The shoulder is okay but the palm of my hand is pretty bruised up. nothing seems broken, which is good. Trail running definitely beats your body up in a different way, but it is so much fun. To go 9 miles, it took us 1:50 minutes because of the hills, climbs, etc... What an awesome workout. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes - it is going to be brutally HOT and HUMID and I hear it is a tough route - 80 miles, my longest in since CDA!

No comments: