Monday, August 3, 2009

Just add a little soap to this WET ride!!

Sunday morning, waking up. Uggggggggg. 5:30am the alarm goes off - sore, knowing I need to go ride 75 in a couple of hours. I forgot these mornings. Legs are sore, body is aching but somehow I get up, pack the car and head to the ride.

Today’s ride was pretty solid, although I felt like a wet rag for most of the ride as it rained except for the last 30 minutes or so. The rain actually felt pretty good since it was warm outside and it beat being under the hot sun and then getting a lecture from my wife for not putting enough sun tan lotion on. I rode the first 55 miles on my own since there was no one at my pace that I knew of and my buddy Mark, who I was suppose to ride with, DOGGED! But that’s okay – it was good for me mentally. Around mile 55 I did start riding with the couple, Ron and Courtney, who I guess got lost and ended up next to me. It helped big time the last 20 miles because I was getting tired and the rain really started pouring for the next 10 miles and then it started to clear up. With 5-6 miles to go, I totally slowed down going up this hill and they slowed down for me to catch up, I almost waved them to just go, but then I dug deep and caught up telling myself, just keep up, I don’t have that far to go. It turned out to be a solid ride today. In total, I averaged about 16.3 on the bike today and was pretty consistent the whole ride.

Totals for the week:

Swim: 1.4M
Bike: 101M
Run: 19M
Total: 121 miles, 10:32 hours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am tired just reading this.. I need a nap now!