Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moving on up!!

This mornings swim was good and solid. Although sleepy at the start, I was able to move up a lane, yeeeeeahhhhhh!!!!!!!! and am back to the lane I was swimming in over 2 years ago when I was training for CDA IM. For those of you who don't do master's swim - the lanes are in order from slowest to fastest and I am now 2 lanes away from the fastest swimmers in the team. I think there are a total of 10 lanes but can't remember. Anyways, it was good swim and we ended the workout with 8 x 100m at Zone 4 (hard effort) pace. That was tough!

Tonight's run was just painful - at least just to get started. I was so tired that I came home from work and took a nap, woke up and forced myself out the door. And interesting enough, I had one of the best mid-week runs in quite a while. It was a solid run where I just flowed. It's amazing on the day's I'm most tired and it is the hardest to get started - they turn out to be the better workouts!

This weekend we are headed to the beach for a nice 100 mile flat ride. We just need to dodge some Hurricane Danny coming up the East coast. should be fun!

No comments: