Sunday, August 16, 2009

Catching up

Well last week came and went. Being that it was recovery week, I took it easy and seemed overly tired. I got a morning swim on Tuesday and a morning bike in on Wednesday. Couldn't seem to get a run though as the week just flew by.

Saturday was Luray Oly and I did okay. I took off early from work on Friday and went down to Luray, VA with Mark. We did all the things we would not normally do with our women. We ate dinner at the Luray firehouse where they had a great spaghetti dinner for the triathlete. Then afterward we went to see District 9 - some scifi movie I knew nothing about but turned out to be one of the better movies I have seen in a long time - note that Carol continues to rent chick flicks and the latest being I'm a Shopoholic - so District 9 brought me back to reality.

The race on Saturday was at this park in Luray. Water temp was 80 degress so I swam no wetsuit and had a slower swim time then usual. This was due to no wet suit and me still struggling on my stroke technique. The bike course was hilly and it was hot but bike split was a little faster then columbia at around 16.7mph. The run course was again hilly and it was roasting and I averaged about 9:13's but it seemed slower then that. I had good transition times and my overall time was 3:05, about 7 minutes slower then Columbia in May.

I need to start getting move of my runs in and continued to work on my stroke technique. My biking is coming along but there is always room for improvement.

Totals for last week were:

Swim: 2.2 miles
Bike: 33.6 miles
Run: 6.2 miles
Total: 42 miles, 4:42 hours

Next two weeks are going to be tough!

No comments: