Monday, August 3, 2009

Saturday's run...

Saturday’s run was good, be it hot and very humid. I stuck to my plan of running a mile, walking a minute for the entire time and averaged 10:30’s. I never thought I would be pleased with an average of 10:30’s on a long run. It seems my run time has slowed down about a minute per mile since last year. Not sure what the cause of it – maybe because I have not been running as frequently or other issues. In any event, I would be very happy if I can average 10:30’s on the run during Ironman.

So, after a nice long run, how do you spell relief? I C E B A T H! Ahhhhh, I took a long ice bath in my Jacuzzi tub and listed the Grateful Dead on XM for about 30 minutes. Aside from the shrinkage, it felt really good to get me ready for the next day’s ride.

No comments: