Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reston 3/4 Century Ride ?!?!?!?!?

So we skipped the nice, FLAT, Easton ride for the hilly Reston Century Ride. The plan for Mark and I was to do the Century today, all 100 miles, but after Taylortown hill - and it was one very long STEEP hill, we decided to make it the Reston 3/4 Century ride. It was an interesting day with me and bugs as I ate one while riding - flew right into my mouth, got nailed in the cheek but a very large bug and then later on got a bee sting on the lip while riding. Quite the drama! The ride was very organized and glad we did it. Definitely will be on my list for next year. The ride took just over 5 hours and I averaged 15 on the bike.

I tell you what though - my legs are really tired - 16 mile run today and 76 mile hilly bike today. Tonight will be a Tylenol PM night so I can sleep. The last couple of nights I have gotten much sleep. Another tough week of training this week then recovery.

Summary of the week:

Swim: 1.4 miles
Bike: 108.4 miles
Run: 25.1 miles
Total: 135 miles, 12:38 hours

I was able to get my runs in and got an extra bike in this week, missed one swim but that's okay.

No comments: