Saturday, June 23, 2007

...

This morning Mark and I drove the bike course and got a reality check by the number of hills out there. Part of me is like do I even want to do this?? The hills will be no harder then what we have done in our training rides, but it seems all the emotions and doubt are all coming at me at once. It's amazing how much energy I am spending today fighting those doubts! I'm ready, I just need to get to the start!

Today, I packed by transition bags (swim to bike bag and bike to run bag) and prepared my bike for the big day. We dropped off the bags and bike at the start. It is incredible how much preparation is needed for an IM as opposed to a marathon where you just show up with shoes and a number. Here, you have transition bags, special needs bags and warm clothing bags.

We have a Team Z dinner tonight and then I will prepare my nutrition bags. Tomorrow we will be waking up around 4am to start nutrition and hydrating.

My right knee is feeling better today, however, my neck popped in my sleep last night so my kink is back, but not to bad. I'm sure all these aches and pains are all in my mind but they sure do hurt!

Well, off to some more relaxing and WAITING!! 4 am will be here before I know it!

No comments: