Monday, June 4, 2007

Taper?? WTF!! When does Taper REALLY begin??

So, last night I told you about how we were waiting for the June schedule to see what the workouts will be. Well, I got to work this morning and they were finally posted and low and behold I see PEAK PEAK for weeks of June 4 and June 11. Then, I looked at some of the workouts! This week, 10 x 1200's at Zone 4 pace - WTF!!?!?!?!!?!?!! I thought we were in taper, not "let's really kill ya". Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the schedule but damn it, when I finish a 20 mile run at the end of an EPIC weekend, don't slap me high five and say 'WELCOME TO TAPER" and then two days later slam me with not so taper workouts.

p.s. I completely support and appreciate everything Team Z has done and have the most respect for the coaches - I'm just getting a little edgy so sorry if I have offended anyone. : )

Tonight, I did a 55 minute run in Zone 2 + 2 x 4 minute Zone 4 afterwards. I also included some hills as well. I went about 7.5 miles.

No comments: