Saturday, June 16, 2007

Busy week - packing and stuff

Well another week has flown by as we approach the BIG day. I last left off on Monday so let's get you updated for the week.

Tuesday
THIS IS THE LAST 5:00AM SWIM!!!! AMEN! Now I get to sleep in on Tuesday's and get up at 4:30am instead of 4am for swim practice. This morning's swim was BORING! The coach took out all the lane lines and we swam straight for 90 minutes. I felt like I was in a washing machine as the water was really choppy and splashy. Every time I went for air I was swallowing water. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the choppy water and to get in a sync where I didn't feel I was going to head butt into a swimmer coming at me. It was a good workout but just boring. I swam about 2.3 miles.

Tonight I SKIPPED bike - yes, I actually skipped last night's run and tonight's bike workouts! I actually spent the time packing my 25lb bag with all my gear for Coeur d'Alene (CDA).

Wednesday
Tonight was track workout. Man, it was short and sweet. We only did 4 x 800, 2x400's at Z4 pace with 2' recovery. I averaged about 3:11's on the 800's and 1:32 on the 400's. I was averaging about 3:17's 3 months ago - so a little improvement there.

When I got home I finished packing my big bag and got my bike ready for tomorrow.

Thursday
Swim was fun today. After doing the normal warmup, routine, etc... the coach pulled all the IM folks on one half of the pool and had us swim in heats. The first set was 1x50 all out, the 2x25's all out. The first 50 I think my time was around 32 seconds. The first 25 was at 13 and the last 25 was at 14. I was cruising! I wish we did more of those during swim practice. It changes it up and it gives me a chance to really open it up on the swim which is getting stronger and faster these last couple of months.

Tonight, we did a quick 30 minute ride around Haines point with some sprints. Then we headed to Contee's bike shop in Arlington and dropped off our bikes. Brian in our group rented a hug U-Haul to drive the bikes out to Idaho. I think he is taking some 50 bikes out there plus a 25lb bag. Well, I must say I had the biggest bag as I packed all my gear in there and got picked on about it at Happy Hour. Oh well, better to have the stuff go in a U-haul then to carry it on a plane. Let's just hope the Uhaul makes it safely out do Idaho, otherwise I am going to be spending A LOT of money out there buying new gear!

Friday
This email I wrote to the team says it all:

Okay folks! I have been waiting for a year to be able to do this. Last year I watched each person doing Lake Placid post their bib numbers and was so pumped for those guys. I told myself - one year to go. So now it's time, let's get this ball rolling CDA folks...
MY BIB NUMBER FOR CDA IS 1009 - wooooohoooooooooooo!
Who's next?
Jerry


and the emails from everyone else started to come. I can't wait, we are so close.

Saturday
Today's run was nice and easy. I ran 10 miles in zone 2, took about 91 minutes. However, at around 10 minutes in my vision was acting funky and I felt really weird. The same thing happened to me last week on the run as well. So I stopped, regrouped and started back up again and felt fine. I'm not sure what that is all about but no doubt, this will give my mom something to worry about.

: )

No comments: