Thursday, June 7, 2007

Energy is UP and Down

Well, it's Thursday and I'm getting ready to go bike at Haines point as I continue my "taper week". Let's get you up to speed so far this week.

Tuesday
The swim went pretty good. I feel really comfortable in my new lane and feel I can hold my own. I was keeping with the lead swimmers today and felt pretty good. My neck is still a little tight and I hope to get that worked out this Friday when I get a well needed massage. I skipped the bike tonight because I am feeling pretty worn down. My right knee and hamstring are pretty tight and sore and the massage should help this.

Wednesday
Well as much as I bitched about the 10 x 1200's, I skipped this workout and ran for about 65 minutes with some hills (~ 7.5 miles). Today was interesting because I started to get a little more energy back as I lost some these last few days. During my run I was analyzing my energy levels and although they are still VERY low, I am getting little spurts back and then losing them. I am assuming that as we get closer to IM, the spurts will become more extended and my energy level will be very high at IM - let's hope that is the global plan by the coaches.

Thursday
Today we swam about 2300 yards and had some good 500's at Zone 4 pace. I actually led the lane in the high Zone 4 for 500 and rocked it. I felt solid and kept a pretty good pace going. I did some minor tweaks to my stroke and that maybe making the difference. Although I will not be at Z4 pace on the swim, I'm hoping this will help me with my Z2 pace. We will see how it goes as I am doing Aquaman this weekend which will be a 1.2 mile swim. That will give me a good indication as to what my time could be at CDA for the swim.



By the way, I realized the other day as I was whining to everyone about my aches and pains and knowing that everyone else is going through the same, that I needed to separate how I was feeling physically to not influence my mental preparation. So, it was at that time that I decided mentally I am very strong and that the physical body will catch up the next two weeks. NOW is the time to build my mental preparations as we are only 2-weeks away. Don't get me wrong, every workout has been a mental preparation and now is the time to finalize that preparation into a plan to execute during IM. We are 17 days away!

No comments: