Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thoughts...

So, what have my thoughts and feelings been and how have I been feeling these last few days as I approach the start?



Well, physically, I'm still fatigued but not as much as before. I have noticed that my energy will come back, then I'll do a hard workout and I'll have no energy for a couple of days. This has been the pattern for the last 2-weeks. My left neck still aches after the swim and my right knee still acts up after a long run. I noticed this week that my quads and hamstrings have been a little sore from the sprints on the bike and run we have been doing, but nothing unusual. I seem to be sleeping better at night and not tossing and turning like I usually do and it seems like it is a deeper sleep. I am still very hungry all the time and it's hard not to eat too much food. The concern here is not to eat to much because the workout volume has decreased and I don't want to be putting on extra weight before IM. In fact, I'm trying to drop a few more pounds before the start. I have been at 169 all through training and I would like to be at 165 at the start.

Thoughts & Feelings

You know, in all honesty, I just keep thinking it's time. It's time to start this race. I am as ready as I am going to be. I feel like the race is calling me. This may sound weird but after all the training that I have done, you just feel it, it's time. You feel that start, on the beach with 2000 other people is just yelling your name to get there and begin. PATIENCE, is all I can think of. I just try to remind myself to be patient as it will happen soon enough. This race will be here before I know and will be over just as quick.

I struggle at times on how I'll just be able to stop after IM, to not workout so hard as my body just craves the workouts. I know time after time I complained about being tired and worn out, but deep inside of me, it calls to keep pushing, keep going, don't stop, this is what I love to do.....You get these feelings and sensations during the long workouts. You feel alive, even though at that moment you may be so tired. It allows me to release all my thoughts and not think about anything. It will be painful and sad not to sign up for IM next year and watch others train for it. Well, this is my time and I'll be soaking it up as much as I can as next year and years to come will be for others as my time will come again soon enough. What will I do after IM? I won't know how to be or what to do to fill that craving, that void inside of me that allows me to be me that I have kept filled all these years in endurance sports??????? IM is not about one race, it is about the journey that has taken me here and will continue for years to come.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Jerry-

You're going to kick some bootie! Have fun out there. I'll be on the sidelines- beer in hand- cheering you and Team Z on!