Sunday, June 3, 2007

Finally! I feel awake!!

Man, I feel like I have been in a fog ever since last Sunday and FINALLY, the fog has lifted today. I finally feel awake and actually have energy. I was getting worried that it would not come back. So, it took me a week to recover from last weekend. That will give me a good idea what it will take to get my energy back after IM.

So, let's recap the last two days.

Saturday:
Today we swam at Pohick Bay in VA with Team Z. Ed did a great job organizing this event in which he had buoys and spotters set up in the water for what we thought was a 1/2 mile loop. My motivation for this swim was zilch and it continued when I started up until I finished. I ended up swimming for 1:30 and I estimated it to be about 2.8 miles. My stroke felt smooth and even my sighting was good so I felt that I was keeping a pretty straight line - that is a huge improvement from previous open water swims. After the swim, we ran for 5-miles which felt pretty good.

When we were all done, it was only 11:30am!! WOW, can you believe that? Ed had the grill set up so I stuffed myself with a cheeseburger and potato chips and the time I was done, it was 12:00. I got home around 1:00pm and pretty much laid around all day, slept on the couch and was just plain lazy. My neck was still hurting me and I still felt pretty beat.

Sunday:
After a good night sleep last night, I woke up this morning and was HEALED! My neck did not hurt at all, AMEN, and I had my missing energy back. Today we rode in Rock Creek for only 30 miles. What a treat! To be in my back yard and not have to drive to a workout is always awesome. It rained today so I felt pretty grimy with the road spray but I felt good during the ride. The greatest thing about this ride was it was FLAT and I was home at 11:00am! WOW! To be home at 11:00am on a Sunday it just unheard of. So, I came home, cleaned my bike, which was nasty, and painted the bathroom. OH, one note today was a group of us got pulled over by the Five-O while riding in the park because we ran a red light and were not riding in single file. WHATEVER - there we no cars around and we were being cautious. Anyways!

I'm not sure what the workouts are this week as the coaches have decided to wait until the last minute to post them. I asked them today when the workouts were going to be posted in a joking way and they came back with, "you know what your workout is today, don't you?" I did not appreciate that since all I am trying to do is plan my week. A lot of us have a life outside of training, and they usually post the workouts way in advance. Not sure what the deal is this month. Oh well - no worries....

This week's total for my recovery week are as follows (to be posted):

Swim: 4.2M
Bike: 42M
Run: 9M
Total: 55 miles, 6:25 hours

No comments: