Thursday, June 21, 2007

Coeur d'Alene Idaho - We have arrived!

We have arrived!!!!! We got in last night around 11:00 Pacific time so I was pretty tired. We picked up our low rider station wagon at the Spokane, WA airport and used my new Garmin navigation system (b-day gift), we made our way to the hotel. WOW, I'm finally here!

Today, we did a practice swim in the lake. MAN, was that lake cold, but absolutely beautiful. I warmed up after about 10-minutes in the water. Also, the water was a little choppy with the wind blowin into shore. The course is counterclockwise and two loops in which you swim out (against the waves) turn left and then come back get out of the water briefly to run over a mat and then back in and repeat. So, if this winds keeps up it will be tough going out but nice and easy coming in. I just need to keep reminding myself that no matter what, keep my heart rate and level of exertion down! It's going to be a long day and I certainly don't want to blow it on the swim!



After the swim we went to packet pickup. I cannot remember the last time I went to pick up my packet and smile so much. I was so happy showing my ID, signing my life away with waivers, weighing in (even though I was 10lbs heavier), having a volunteer go through my packet with me and leaving the tent. I was all smiles. I am so excited, so happy at this moment. It is such a good feeling to have. I have worked so hard for so long to get here.


After packet pickup we went through the expo which was okay and then headed over to get a bite to eat at the Coeur d'Alene brewery. After drinking about 5 beers and eating 2 cheeseburgers and fries, we went grocery shopping and stocked up on Gatorade, pop tarts, pretzels and water. Now I'm just chillin in the hotel room trying to remain calm and force myself to take it easy because I really excited!!

p.s. - i really had a chicken wrap for lunch and a coke ; -), what do you think I'm crazy, I've got an ironman to do!







No comments: