Monday, June 11, 2007

Skipped run

Tonight I decided to skip the run so I will feel fresh tomorrow for our last hard swim. I ran over 30 miles last week and feel I need to taper just a little more on the run, plus I'm pretty tired. The good thing though is physically, my body feels pretty strong, especially after another hard weekend. Tonight I need to start my what if scenarios for the IM. Such as:

  • What if I get kicked in the face during the mass start on the swim, do I remain calm or do I bounce the guy that did it?
  • What if I throw up on the bike or flat, or even wreck (sorry Mom, I need to think about these things)
  • What if I go out to hard on the swim and lost my breath, or take mouth full of water
  • What if I can't run during the marathon

Stuff like that....Then I need to begin developing my race plan as well, then I need to pack as my bike is leaving on Friday to be trucked to Idaho. Man, I've got a lot to do!!!

No comments: