Thursday, October 29, 2009

Feeling beat up...& flu paranoia

Man, I am still feeling beat up. I was grouchy last night to my Dad and Carol. My right IT is a little tight, my body is a little aching. I blew off swim this morning just so I could get a little sleep. I feel a little better this morning.

This is the period of training - taper - in which I become paranoid of getting sick. If I have a little sniffle or a sneeze or a random cough - I automatically think am I getting sick. I am washing my hands constantly. I'm opening doors with my sleeve and touching elevator buttons with my sleeve. If I'm in a room and someone appears sick, I leave. I was in the deli this morning and there was this lady hacking who looked liked she had a nurse outfit on. Come on lady you should know better, stay home or put a mask on your face! Her being unattractive seemed to intensify my thoughts. You listen to the news and every single day you here about the flu or H1N1 flu. The media has got me paranoid to have any human contact until after Ironman. Worse of all things is we still have to fly to Florida! I cannot imagine what kind of germs will be on that plane, a nice enclosed area! I'M PARANOID!!

No comments: