Friday, October 2, 2009

100 crunches / day ?!?!?!?!?

That's right! I started this on Sunday. I am doing 100+ crunches per day, every day up until a week before Florida Ironman. In addition I will be doing the plank both front and 2-sides to try and strengthen my core muscles - my least favorite group to workout.

I have been super busy at working longer hours by getting in the office earlier than usual so I could get my workouts in after work. So far this week: Monday - ran 6.5 miles and felt great, Tuesday - skipped swim in morning and biked 50 minutes on trainer around 9pm, Wed - skipped, tired, Thurs - swim in am - felt pretty good, need to work on staying smooth on my stroke and thurs pm, ran 5 miles and it was solid. Of course, each of these days I was knocking out 100's of crunches.

On Thursday I rented 808 Zip wheels for my bike for Sunday's Bassman 1/2 ironman. My bike is tricked out after Roy's adjustments and the zips - the bike looks fast - now I need to be fast otherwise it will be an embarrassment to get passed by tons of people when I have zips on! I'll have to take a picture of my modified ride and post it on here!

Hard to believe Ironman is just over a month away!

No comments: