Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Final long swim - DONE!

Well we got to the pool this morning for our 5am swim start and the workout was simple - "Swim for 90 minutes". So we swam for 90 minutes. Now, one may ask, what does one think about staring at the bottom of a pool for 90 minutes? Well, you think about the person in front of you and person in back of you. Am I holding up the person behind me or I need to get in front of the person in front of me. You think about your stroke over and over again. Extend arm on reach, don't begin pull until other arm comes around, stroke, glide, extend, pull, breath, stroke glide extend, pull, breath, over and over again. You just keep thinking about this, always trying to work on your stroke. And then, next thing you know, you are DONE! As we got out of the pool, Maggie, who swims in my lane says 190! I corrected her and said that we swam 90 minutes and she corrected me saying we swam 190 laps! I'm not sure if I was more amazed at the fact she was able to keep her counting straight or that we did 190 laps. Typically I lose count at 10. Well, this came out to be about 2.7 miles!

OH!! And the goggle saga is over! My 3rd new pair of goggles in 10-days did not leak a drop!! Glad I bought 2-pair.

Tonight, I was on the bike around 8:30 and rode for 40 minutes on the computrainer.

I thought we were tapering....

No comments: