Monday, October 19, 2009

Taper has begun....

Yesterday Team Z had an Ironman prep seminar. There were about 18 people there and only 2 of us did an ironman before. I find those talks very useful and always get something out of them. The next two weeks the workouts will get shorter and shorter and in theory, the energy levels will begin to get higher and higher. Also, these next 2-3 weeks will involve a lot of mental preparation leading up the race and also on race date. It takes a lot of time to get all your thoughts, gear and nutrition together, especially when you have to fly to your race. I have already started laying out my bike gear in the basement and will slowly add to it these upcoming weeks. I will also continue to put together my preparations for the three days leading up to the race and my race plan.

I'm starting to get excited about this and know it will be here before I know it!

+ 100+ crunches today - skipped run, need to make swim tomorrow. 3 more 5am starts. so far have made 2 out of 3.

No comments: