Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Getting through the week

So, what keeps me going? I really don't know but I know one thing for sure is that I am digging deep to get started and through these workouts. As this weekend approaches, I am trying hard to hit every workout. Last night, being sore and tired from Columbia, I ran for 66 minutes (7.4miles) on a hilly course. I shaved 2 minutes off my time from 3 weeks ago on the same route while staying in Z2.


This morning, tough tough tough getting my ass out of bed. We had a hard workout doing zone 2 and zone 4 workouts and I crushed, I mean crushed the last 5x100's at Z4 averaging 1:35's. In total, we swam for 1.5 hours and went about 4ooo yards. Tonight, it took me about 2 hours to get motivated to bike. My quads are really sore and I had to push my way through this as I rode for 60 minutes on Rock Creek.

Tonight, I watch the Team Z IM video again from Lake Placid last year. That really gets me jacked up to push myself harder through these workouts and I need that momentum right now to get me through tomorrow 's track workout. It's going to be tough, just need to take one split at a time.

Oh, here's a picture of me approaching the finish at Columbia on Sunday (just a mere 2 days ago). Feelin good!


No comments: