Sunday, May 13, 2007

Skyline + run

WOW!!! What an incredible ride with awesome views. It was absolutely beautiful today to bike skyline. We went 66 miles, starting at Front Royal, into the park and turned around at Panaroma. And you talk about hills..there were some serious hills. The first 5 miles up to Dickey's point I averaged only 7 mph!!!! There were some long SLOW climbs but I managed to stay in Z2 for most of them. (except one hill where I had to pass Roy - sorry Roy couldn't resist!) . Then the downhills, man holding on for dear life as I got up to 38 mph. I could have gone faster but I was a WUSS and braked a little. I hope to avoid the whole braking thing in CDA. In total, it took me 5:21 for the ride.

After the ride, we did a brick and I went for a 35 minute run. My legs were shot during the run but I managed to feel pretty good about 20 minutes in to the run. Good to know what to expect during IM.

Well, this was another great week! Two more weeks until we Peak. Here are the totals for the week:

Swim: 2.5M
Bike: 77M
Run: 25M
Total: 105M, 11:42

No comments: