Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just Plain Exhausted.....

I know I'm suppose to be tired but man I am just plain exhausted. We did a track workout last night, 7 x 1200's at Z4 pace with 2' recovery in between each set. I was doing the splits between 5:00 and 5:19, and averaged around 5:10 - that equates to about a 6:50ish mile. It was so hard to keep going and I could barely keep myself in Z4 as I was at the low end most of the time. If I could have just kept it up at threshold it would have been less then 6:50's.

This morning I made it to swim practice, early, with wetsuit in hand, got to the pool and everyone was standing in the parking lot. SWIM CANCELLED. The pool was emptied yesterday and was not filled up completely so we couldn't swim. That sucked because it could have been an extra hour sleep which I NEED right now! All day I was extremely tired, my right leg/knee was hurting and I could barely walk without a slight limp. I bagged the bike tonight and the HH because I am just worn out.

Time to get some sleep and rest up for the weekend. We got a long bike on Saturday and Columbia tri on Sunday. I've got another week to go before taper

No comments: