Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday swim....

Today's swim was all about speed and muscular endurance. We did a lot of short intervals in which we were swimming 50's, 100's and 200's at zone 4 pace. For the 50's I was averaging around 46 seconds, the 100's around 1:38 and the 200's around 3:09. I felt really good and definitely led my lane today. In fact, I lead the lane on Tuesday as well and it's time to make a switch and move up. Before the wedding, I was one lane over for a couple of weeks but after the honeymoon I dropped back a lane because I slowed down some. Well, I think I'm finally back and ready to move up. It's taken over a month to get back where I was before but the training is paying off.

I missed the bike tonight because the bike store did not have my bike ready to pick up. So I had to wait for them to put on my new compact cranks (yes, more $$ spent). Yes, instead of getting a granny gear, I got compact cranks to see if this will help me with the hills. And after reading the write-up for this weekend's ride, there are going to be A LOT of hills.

No comments: