Thursday, May 3, 2007

PAIN!!!! in the neck.....

First, let's talk about track Wed night and then to the PAIN part. Track was pretty good. It took a lot to get going and I was pretty tired throughout the workout. We did 6 x 1200's at Z4 with 2' recovery between sets. I averaged around 5:18's for the workout. Heck, my first 12oo was at 4:50 which if I was to do another lap would have been around a 6:30 mile!! However, my pace slowed down with the other 1200's as they got harder as the night went on.

When I got home that night, my neck was really sore. I first felt my neck cramping up after swim practice last night and it really bothered me when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, late for practice it really hurt. At swim practice right when I jumped in the pool to get started I felt a twitch and knew that was it. I tried swimming for about 20 minutes and my neck was killing me. I got out 30 minutes early, showered and left in serious pain. I definitely need to goto the chiropractor!

Tonight, we biked around Hains Point. We did 5' w/u, 30' Z4, 5' Recovery, 15' Z4 and cool down. During my Z4's I averaged 19.6 and 19.4 mph, respectively. This week was very tough and I feel pretty warn out. I have a huge ride on Sunday that I need to get ready for. But before that, we had a get together with all the people training for IM. That is worth a separate post.

No comments: