Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Motivation!

Man, last nights run took everything out of me just to get outside and START! My motivation was so low because I am so worn down. However, Carol said to me as I was about to crash on the bed, "the sooner you get out there, the sooner you will be done". So, I got my ass off the bed, strapped on the shoes and went out for a run. Turns out after the first 10 minutes I was jacked up and ran the same route I did last Monday in the Zone 2 and did it 5 minutes quicker for a total time of 1:07. If I figure 9 minutes miles its about 7.4 miles. by the way, there are some mega hills on this route, one lasting about .3 miles, the other about 1 mile. Great prep for IM.

It's amazing how I think my new Z2 pace varies between 8 and 8:30 minute miles, however what I am finding is that I cannot sustain that pace and after 3 miles into the run, my heart rate shoots up to Z3 and I have to back off. Can you imagine, 8:30 pace, if I could keep that for a 26.2 miles??? That's a 3:43 marathon!!! Hmmmmmmmmm, I have no plans for the fall....Wait, I can't be distracted, I need to finish IM first!

Swim this morning was at 5am! Yes, 5am so I was up at 4:00am and out the door shortly thereafter. We swam 3600 yards today in 1.5 hours. I'm averaging about 1:43/100yards.

Now, off to a hill bike ride if I can get motivated!

No comments: